You will read about the difference between Air Curtains and Plastic PVC curtains the pros and cons of both curtains for shops, factories, and malls. Although both are used for the same reason, there are many differences in their features.
If you want to know more about it, read on.
Read about the best air curtain in Saudi Arabia
Difference between air curtains and plastic PVC curtains
We are going to talk about the fundamental differences between Air curtains and Plastic ones on insulating the air through explaining each one more clearly, and then defining the advantages and disadvantages, and conclude with the better in terms of the results.
What are air curtains?
Air Curtains are door curtains as air barrier that prevents the entry of dust, insects, and bad smells as well; They also isolate the indoor environment from the outdoors. Thus, they provide up to 80% electric power without blocking visibility for being 100% transparent, save the time and effort required to open and close doors, and improve the quality of work wherever they are installed.
What are plastic PVC curtains?
Plastic PVC Curtains, sometimes referred to as Plastic Conditioning Curtains, are a curtain of plastic strips used for the purpose of making air insulation, preventing the entry of dust and insects while maintaining indoor temperatures, yet they are less efficient than AIr Curtains.
Difference between air and plastic curtain in terms of pros
Here’s a comparison between air curtains and Plastic air curtains in terms of features.
Pros of air curtains for Shops, Factories, and Malls
Air Curtains are characterized by many features that make them basic equipment for any shop, lab, or mall.
Here are their most important features:
They ensure the convenience of staff and visitors by maintaining a sterile environment and nice cooling.
● They reduce the costs of electricity in air-conditioned places and keep the required temperatures as they protect the place from external air leakage by 80%.
● They allow leaving doors open without worry about the entry of dust and insects, for which people would like to enter and shop.
● They act as an invisible air barrier that prevents the entry of dust, and insects, as well as moisture, and bad smells.
● They provide full visibility for the inside part of your store or business to the people outdoors.
● They reduce the need to open and close doors, thus they provide more space at the entrance, facilitate the entry of strollers, and protect doors from damage over time. They come in very elegant shapes and colors that match the place’s decorations.
Also read: How efficient are air curtains in preventing insects and dust from entering?
Features plastic PVC curtains
Although Plastic Conditioning Curtains are less efficient than Air ones, they also have many features.
Here are the most important features of PVC curtains:
● They are made from versatile plastic materials, yet they need to be changed periodically.
● They work without noise or sound.
● They are easy to store when needed.
● They are low-cost curtains.
● They use transparent plastic curtains as a barrier separating employees’ workplaces within labs and factories.
● They provide fair air insulation of no more than 60%.
● They are available in different sizes and measurements suited to the needs of commercial and industrial buildings.
Difference between air and plastic PVC curtains in terms of cons
Besides knowing the pros of each, you should know their cons before choosing.
Here’s a comparison between Air and plastic PVC curtains in terms of their cons.
Cons of air curtains
- They are needed to be chosen by specialists if you need one suitable for your business.
- The choice of unsuitable air curtains for your business causes many technical problems that shorten the curtain’s expected lifetime.
- The price of air curtains is higher than plastic curtains.
- All the disadvantages of these curtains can be overcome by choosing a reliable company that offers tips and selects models that are best suited to your business.
Cons of PVC curtains
- They obscure visibility since they are not 100% transparent.
- They somewhat hinder movement as passers-by feel it while they come in and out, making them feel uncomfortable.
- They are rapidly dirty as thy easily collect dust and dust.
- You have to separate and touch the dirty plastic curtain pieces every time you go in or out.
- The shape of plastic curtains is not stylish and may seem random most often.
- They do not completely prevent the entry of hot air, dust, and insects.
- they are no longer suitable for business activities compared to the newer and better types of performance.
Difference between air and plastic curtains in terms of price
- Although air curtains are expensive, they are in greater demand due to their many features and their efficiency in air insulation.
- Plastic curtains are cheaper because they are made from inexpensive, modest plastic materials.
Read also: Why do you Need to Install Air Curtains for Shop Doors?
Air curtains or plastic PVC curtains
As a result of the above-mentioned words, air curtains are undoubtedly better, depending on the following:
- Air curtains are better in terms of air insulation.
- They are the most beautiful and suitable in terms of shapes and styles to the decorations of high-end places.
- They allow people and cars to enter freely
- They provide a clean working environment and reduce the likelihood of pollution and disease.
- They save electricity costs.
- They offer air insulation and required temperatures.
- They need no maintenance and last for long years without having to be replaced.
- They maintain brand reputation and raise business level.
Air curtains is the best solution to overcome work challenges
The air curtains are the most suitable solution for you if you have the following problems,
- The entry of hot air loaded with moisture, dust, and insects.
- Electrical power waste problems for air conditioning devices.
- The inability to control the cold air inside the cold rooms within the laboratories and factories.
Negative customer ratings for shops, restaurants, and shopping malls due to the presence of insects inside the place.
Also Read: Import Commercial and Industrial Air Curtains from Europe to Saudi Arabia
Saudi companies and factories choose air curtains
There are a lot of Saudi companies, buildings, and factories that have chosen air curtains instead of plastic pvc curtains.
Here are some of them:
Find our about the best air curtains in Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Dallah Hospital: The hospital overcame all the challenges it faced by choosing the right air curtains that help maintain the patients safety and building environment as well.
- Booze Café: The cafe is characterized by quiet and pure and specialized in serving and making the most delicious coffee; it succeeded in keeping its cool and nice spring atmosphere by choosing air curtains.
- The Ministry of Municipal Rural Affairs & Housing: The ministry dealt with the Saudi environment that is loaded with hot air, dust, and insects by choosing the air curtains.
- Factory of Albaik Restaurant: It produces large amounts of fast food daily, so it adopted air curtains to keep a sterile environment free from any insects or dust.
- The Advanced Storage Co.: Because it has a large space and a certain nature work, it suffered many challenges that it could not overcome without installing air curtains, especially at the doors of the cool rooms.
Best places to buy and install air curtains in Saudi Arabia
Stavoklima is the best place to buy, install, and maintain air curtains in Saudi Arabia with over 25 years of experience in this field, making it the leading Kingdom-wide.
Stavoklima provides you with the latest types of air curtains to match the nature of your business whatever its decorations, space; It also employs air quality specialists and experts in studying the building’s climate nature to choose the type of curtains that are best suited to the location and space of your business.
If you are suffering from challenges that impede your earnings growth, connect with us via the on-screen WhatsApp icon to take a real step in improving your business environment.