General FAQ about air curtains
When the doors are opened, cold air is exchanged with hot outside air due to the temperature difference between them. Air curtains reduce the occurrence of this exchange so that the air conditioners can cool the place with less effort and time without the need to consume electricity as much as before (before installing the air curtains).
If the air curtain is selected, installed and operated correctly, the proportion of dust, odors and plankton passing into the interior will be reduced by 70%. A small part of the dust will find its way inside after mixing with the air curtain of the air curtain.
Food stores suffer from a large number of insects and flies. Do air curtains limit their entry of all kinds and sizes?
Bakery, confectionery, and food stores are a source of food for insects. Flying insects avoid the air barrier emerging from the air curtain because of its unfamiliar speed, so it is preferable to set the air curtain at the highest speed during the seasons of mosquitoes and other insects to obtain the greatest protection. Fast or large flying insects often have the ability to bypass the air barrier from the ground and then pass inside.
Preventing the exit of cold air and the entry of hot air when leaving the doors of cold and freezing rooms open. Air curtains are used to separate the exchange between cold and hot air and contribute greatly to:
- Control the cold air inside the refrigerator from leakage to the outside by up to 80%.
- Keep the temperature inside the refrigerator stable for a longer period.
- Keep stored materials from spoiling.
- Preventing the formation of ice on the doors and ceilings of the freezer rooms.
- Protect the insulating rubber materials used on refrigerator doors from damage.
- Reducing the work of cooling and freezing devices for shorter periods.
- Reducing maintenance and malfunctions of refrigerating and freezing devices and extending their life.
- Saving electricity consumption.
- Improving the environment of the place by preventing the entry of dust, dirt and insects.The air curtain must be properly selected, installed and adjusted if it is used on refrigerator doors. Mostly, refrigerator rooms are built inside the building, and the function of the air curtains is to prevent heat exchange between the refrigerators and the building, so the air curtain is set to a low speed, which reduces air exchange and allows for better control of the refrigerators temperature.
- Regular types of air curtains cannot be installed on doors الثلاجات لأن رطوبة الهواء ستجمد وتتلف مكونات الستائر الهوائية خلال فترة قصيرة. استشر المورد قبل الشراء.
Opening the oven doors displays their temperature to go down, and one oven needs a long time to restore the temperature as it was without neglecting the amount of consumption of the raw materials used for heating. Most of the furnaces are built inside the building, which allows the air curtains to isolate the heat of the furnace from the outside without the need to resist external winds or dust and dirt. The air curtain is set to a low speed, which reduces air exchange and enables better temperature control of the ovens.
Ordinary types of air curtains cannot be installed on oven doors. Fires or electrical shorts may occur due to the curtain device being exposed to high heat, and the heat will come out if the curtain stops working. Consult the supplier before purchasing.
There is no point in installing air curtains with plastic slats on the same doors. Because the plastic slides will hinder the air barrier from performing its function, especially as it moves in several directions and forces the air barrier to deviate. In short, the air curtain will protect the door on its own.
When the wind is energized, the air curtain is set to the highest speed with the air barrier facing 15 degrees outward. If the wind speed is weaker or equal to the speed of the air barrier, it will be prevented from entering and sent back outside.
But if the wind speed is higher than the speed of the air barrier, the air barrier will bend and thus its resistance gradually decreases as the wind speed increases.
There is no air curtain that can withstand the wind if it intensifies.
There are many factors that affect the performance of the air curtain, the most important of which are:
- Not cleaning the filters regularly
- Failure to perform regular maintenance
- There is a strong wind at the entrances and doors.
- There is a wide difference between the temperature inside and outside
- There is a large difference in atmospheric pressure
- Double voltage
- Incorrectly adjusting the curtain settings
The vertical installation method is often used if:
- The installation space above the door is not enough
- Building facades made of glass.
- Door shapes block the air barrier from reaching the ground (industrial roller doors)
- The doors are wider than their height
Vertical air curtains reserve floor spaces, so necessary measures must be taken to prevent them from colliding with pedestrians and Arabs
It is not possible to install an air curtain smaller than the size of the door because the air barrier will not protect the entire door from insects, dust and hot air. Also, it is not useful to install an air curtain much larger than the size of the yap, because it will simply consume more electricity and will work loudly.
The air curtain must be chosen in proportion to the height and width of the door, without neglecting the necessary installation space.
Doors and small entryways can be protected with one curtain per door. As for large doors, protection will be better in installing two curtains at low speeds instead of one curtain at high speeds.
It is not possible to rely on a single vertical curtain for the doors through which vehicles and vehicles pass through because it will block the air barrier from reaching the other side during its passage.
The closer the air curtain is to the edge of the door, the better the protection. In the event that there are control devices or a side frame above the door, a maximum distance of half a meter can be left between the air curtain and the door to ensure the passage of the air barrier without collision or friction with anything. The air curtain shall be removed from the wall by 1 cm inward, the higher it is 3 cm above the door.
The air curtain pulls air from the surrounding atmosphere to exit through the blades, an air barrier organized and controlled in direction, quantity and speed. The air barrier works to protect the entire length and width of the door from insects, dust, smoke and odors.
The hot air passing inside and the cold air going outside interfere with the air barrier, and each returns to its area when the air barrier collides with the ground through the separation point, thus isolating the air curtain from the outside.
If the speed of the air barrier during hitting the ground is appropriate, the separation point will be formed that returns both the conditioned and unconditioned air to its place, and the air barrier gains the durability and strength necessary to resist wind, insects and dust.
But if the speed of the air barrier during hitting the ground is strong, the confusion will replace the separation point, which means that the air-conditioned air will mix with the unconditioned air, and the air barrier will not be resistant to dust, moisture and heat waves, and it will be a source of inconvenience to passers-by because of its unusual speed and loud noise.
The air barrier will not reach the doorstep if its speed is low. And there is little benefit from installing the air curtain at the time!
The speed limit in the air curtain gives the ability to control the amount and speed of air in proportion to the type of place and the condition of the outside atmosphere. It is not possible to keep the air curtain at the same speed throughout the year because the weather conditions are constantly changing from windy, rainy, dusty, warm to cold. The higher the speed, the higher the noise, so it is not recommended to choose the higher speed except in the case of dust, wind or mosquito seasons.
The shape of the air outlet serves to focus and solidify the air barrier and remove the confusion from it to ensure its durability against constant weather changes and prevent the mixing of the indoor atmosphere with the outside.
It is possible to adjust the direction of the blades by 15-20 degrees, both inward and outward. The blades are directed towards the direction of pressure such as wind, dust and insects, which increases the efficiency and strength of the air barrier in resisting those pressures.
Some types of air curtains are manufactured and designed with guide blades that are not fixed and not accurate, and there are types of them without guide blades. Avoid buying such types of curtains! Because controlling the degree of orientation of the blades is impossible to ignore or overlook, and it can increase or decrease the efficiency of the air barrier.
Be sure to follow the installation and installation instructions for the air curtain carefully so that it operates at the same noise level as indicated in its technical table.
The type and design of the fans and the shapes of air inlets and outlets are all factors that control the intensity of the sound, so it is necessary to know the noise level and the distance from which the noise measurements were taken before purchasing and installing the air curtain because it cannot be returned or replaced with another type after its use. There are also cases in which the noise level increases by a few degrees, really, to name a few:
- The roof is very close to the air curtain
- Leave the air curtain on with the door closed
- Install more than one curtain of the same model along each other.
- Installing air curtains in small rooms or narrow corridors.
The function of the filters is to protect the interior of the air curtains from dust and particles, not to purify the air and indoor atmosphere as some air curtain suppliers claim. Most of the periodic maintenance is on the filters, because their blockage eliminates the efficiency of the air curtains.
Most types of industrial air curtains are unfiltered, have great resistance to airborne particles, and hardly suffer from dirty environments. The presence of filters in industrial environments will be very sensitive because they will need daily cleaning (or multiple cleanings throughout the day).
There are several reasons the speed of the air barrier weakens:
- The filter is clogged and the necessary air is prevented from entering the air curtain cabin
- Connecting the air curtain to the wrong voltage
- Voltage irregularity in the electric current
- Dirt and dust build up on fans, blades, and other internal parts
- Damage to the engine or one of them
Depending on the amount of use and adherence to maintenance schedules, the life of the air curtains can range from 5 to 15 years. However, there are signs that the life of the air curtain has expired:
- Unbearable noise, some fans make excessive noise if they are out of balance and sometimes cause the air curtain device to vibrate and damage the rest of the fans inside.
- Flickering air barrier, if the air current is not uniform and regular, it will not perform the protective function
- Rust is formed, if the structure is not protected against rust
- It stopped working, due to several malfunctions. As well as being old
All stavoklima air curtains intended for use in and outside the European Union comply with Erp2015 standards, making them
- Gives more air
- Less electricity consumption (energy saving)
- And reduce carbon emissions by 20% (environmentally friendly)
A wind mode has been added to the stavoclima curtains to be used during turbulent weather conditions (wind or sandstorms). When selected, the air curtain automatically raises the speed of the fans to the maximum speed, while directing the air barrier 15 degrees outward to gain greater strength in repelling the winds trying to enter the place. This position eliminates the need for air curtain users to have to have steps to adjust the blades manually!
A cool-down mode has been added to the Stavoclima curtains to be used when there is no wind or dust outside. When selected, the air curtain directs the air barrier 15 degrees inward to keep cold air accumulating on the floor and prevent it from escaping outside. This position eliminates the need for air curtain users to have to have steps to adjust the blades manually!
The sensor, in its various shapes and colors, operates the air curtain with the opening of the door and turns it off as soon as the door is closed, so that the air curtain operates only when needed.
If the door opens and closes frequently due to congestion, the air curtain is set to operate with the door open and turns off after the door is closed for a period of time determined by the timer inside the air curtain. The benefit of a timer is to protect the electrical wiring and the interior of the air curtain from damage due to frequent door opening and closing.
It is always recommended to turn off the sensor and timer feature via the control unit in case the doors are used excessively, so that the air curtains work continuously without being restricted to the condition of the doors.
All types of Stavoclima air curtains are easy to operate non-stop for many years thanks to the quality of German fans manufactured by the world’s leading fan manufacturers Ziehl Abegg / EBM Papst. All fans are long lasting and maintenance free.
All stavoklima air curtains are BMS compliant and can be controlled through the central management of the system.
It is not possible because it is not resistant to rain water and its color will change over time due to sunlight and other weather factors. There are some cases in which it is prohibited to use comfort and luxury curtains, such as:
- Hot environments where the temperature is more than sixty degrees
- Explosive environments
- Environments polluted by large airborne particles
- Very humid places
- biological treatment sites
- Places where the temperature is less than ten degrees below zero or more.
There is an automatic thermal sensor inside all stavoklima curtain motors that cuts the power to the motors when the temperature is high to prevent a fire. The sensor allows electrical current to reach the motors as soon as the temperature drops.
All Stavoclima air curtains save the settings used in the internal memory when idle, including sudden power outages. When the blinds are turned on again or when the electricity is restored after a power outage, they will resume their operation in the previous mode.
The number and types of accessories included in Stavoclima air curtain boxes vary depending on the category of the air curtain, but in general the box contains:
- air curtain device
- Remote control for luxury and comfort curtains
- One Allen Key for Industrial Blinds, Two Keys for Comfort and Luxury Blinds
- wall brackets
- Electric cable for curtains
- Comfort and luxury
- Magnetic door sensor for luxury and comfort curtains
- user’s Guide
If additional accessories and accessories are required, they will be packed with other boxes.
As for mounting methods, it can be either horizontal or vertical.
As for the installation methods, it can be through the ceiling, wall, floor or even a false ceiling.
The method of installation and installation is adopted after referring to the type of activity, the size and design of the entrances, and the space available to install the air curtains.
تختلف العدة اللازمة على حسب نوع الستائر الهوائية وطريقة التركيب والتثبيت لكن بشكل عام لا بد من من توافر:
- Electric drill (drill)
- Fisher fit into the existing wall (pocket)
- Anki key (comes with air curtain)
- Gypsum with chemicals for blank walls (wall installation)
- water balance
- Screwdrivers or assorted kits
- meter scale
- Iron trusses and bridges
- Iron tooth bars (ceiling installation)
- Suitable for lifting the air curtain device
All Stavoclima air curtains are warranted for 36 months from the date of shipment, or as agreed. The warranty covers all functional and workmanship defects if the air curtains are used correctly. The warranty does not apply in one of these cases:
- Consumables, such as filters, unless the failure is due to a material defect.
- Damage caused by fault, accident, misuse, liquid access, fire, electric shock, earthquake or other external cause.
- Lack of complete safety precautions and instructions.
- Operate the device outdoors.
- Modify and change functionality or capacity without written permission from the manufacturer.
- Improper installation, use of weak suspension materials
- Store appliances in wet areas such as swimming pools.
- Equipment is repaired by an untrained and qualified person.
stavoklima air curtains are made from the finest components that require no special maintenance. But it must be cleaned regularly and maintained to function optimally without compromising the safety of people or the building itself.
If the equipment is operated continuously for long periods, it is recommended to make regular maintenance as needed or once a month. If it is in an environment with a high density of particles suspended in the air, this will cause the filter to clog in a shorter period of time, and you will need to repeat cleaning or replace the filter faster than usual.
Dust can be removed from internal components using an air pump and brush, and can also be cleaned with a damp cloth. Let the water dry completely before starting to operate.